Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Beginning Of The End!

This week has been a little crazy for me. I have been meaning to catch up on blogging about our visit to Paris and what has been happening since I got home, but just haven't had a minute to spare.
Today marks a pretty important moment. I am flying back to Ukraine to finish this amazing adventure that our family started 7 months ago. I can hardly believe that it has been so long. Sometimes I think that everything is taking such a long time to complete, but in reality things have gone pretty quickly, despite all the set backs we had a long the way.
I am hoping and praying that the next two weeks will go well, and without problems. I am not concerned about traveling alone, I have done that before many times. I am concerned however, that I will not be able to communicate with the girls. Mike is a little better with the communication stuff, so that is my major concern for this trip.
I am super excited to see the girls, but I am most excited to see them see each other! It has been almost 3 years since they last saw each other. They have spoken on the phone many times but what a sight it will be to see them finally reunited. I can't wait.

Once I arrive in Ukraine I will be doing a lot of driving back and forth collecting the girls and their birth certificates and then passports and visas, then finally going back to Kiev to finish the paperwork at the Embassy that will allow them to be citizens.
This has been a long journey that has changed our lives forever. I can't wait to bring the girls home and finally all be a family.

Wish me luck!!

No comments: