Friday, March 22, 2013

WE ARE DONE!!!

I can hardly believe that I am saying that. WE are officially done with everything and ready to go home. Unfortunately our tickets aren't until Monday. We tried to find new flights but everything cost us an extra $1000 per person and we couldn't justify that, even though I want nothing more then to come home. I have to wait 2 more days. It seems like forever now I know we can leave, but at least now there is an end in sight. Olena is super excited to be going home. She keeps asking me when we are going to leave and sighing and telling me its too long, when I tell her. Nastia is indifferent to it. I asked her if she is scared to fly, she assures me she isn't, but I am not so sure. I think she is a little overwhelmed by it all but doesn't want to admit it.

We went today to get the medicals done for the girls. Nastia did not like it one bit. She had to get her blood drawn and is apparently very afraid of needles, so was quite upset, but tried her best to hide it from us. Both girls passed their exams and are healthy. After collecting the documents from the Dr we went back to the Embassy to pick up our paperwork and visas allowing entrance and citizenship in the USA.

Now we sit in our tiny apartment waiting. I wanted to take the girls to look around Kiev, but the weather is really bad today, so I think we will stay inside and maybe see things tomorrow if it gets better. 

We had some extra expenses come up that we weren't expecting, because of the extra driving back and forth between schools. Now I have the fun job of trying to find the money to cover it. Wish me luck!!

No comments: