Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Little Rant!

Throughout this whole journey I have done my very best to stay as positive as possible. I knew coming into it, that there would be challenges all along the way. And there most definitely have been!!!
I have tried and tried to just look at this situation through the eyes of my Savior, and know that the things that I really want, and the time line I have in my mind, are not usually what he has in mind for me. Honestly I still know that. But today, I am struggling to understand why I am still waiting, when others that started the process after us, are now moving ahead?

I know that in the grand scheme of this process I am at the end. I am currently waiting for the girls passports before I can head back to Kiev to finish up at the Embassy and go home. We had hoped that the passports would be here today, after we returned from Balta, but alas they are not. Which means we have to spend another day waiting and pay for another night in an apartment in Odessa. Ironically this is the most expensive apartment we have stayed in so far!! Typical right :)

I had hoped to be driving to Kiev tomorrow and seeing the embassy on Thursday and hopefully flying home Friday. But it looks now like I will be staying ANOTHER weekend, just sitting around with nothing to do, spending money I don't have.

I am also frustrated about a miscommunication with the Orphanage director in Balta today. It didn't cause any problems with our process, so no worries there, but it did take away some of the money I had planned to use to help fund things. Also frustrating!! Nothing can be done about it now and I am trying to not think about it, but it is just one more thing to add to the long list of issues that I have had to deal with.

I am tired, and frustrated and I just want to go home and feel some kind of normality. I want the girls to meet their new family and I want to start our new life. But for now we just WAIT some more!!
Okay Rant over

No comments: