Monday, March 11, 2013

Back to Kiev

I made it.
Kiev is still snowy and very cold. I was hoping that it would have warmed up a little or at least that the snow would have cleared up, but alas, it looks like it snowed just recently!

My trip was long and boring. Although Swiss Air is really nice to fly with. I would definitely fly with them again. I feel like I have gone 2 full days with out speaking to anyone, but that isn't really true. I did sit next to a very nice older gentleman from Bosnia, who know lives in Chicago and has a niece that lives in SLC. I also had a young man (I think he was probably 17 or 18, at least that is what he looked like) sitting one row in front and across the aisle from me, stare at me the awkwardly for most of the flight. I wasn't sure what to do with myself, so I spent almost the entire time looking out the window or at least pretending to! Other then that my travels were pretty boring.

I was met at the airport by my driver and taken to the store for food and then on to my apartment for the night. I will be picked up at 5.20am and then we will head out on our road trip to the orphanages. I can't wait to see the girls and I can't wait to see them see each other after almost 3 years. What an amazing reunion that will be. 

No comments: