Thursday, December 13, 2012

Spaseeba (Thank you)

I wanted to tell all of you that participated in any of our 12 days of Christmas


 

Your generosity amazes me and inspires me. I know that when Olena gets a chance to read this blog she will be truly touched as well, by the support of all of you.


I have been struggling today. I was told last week that we would probably hear something today, and it hasn't happened. I am not surprised, because it seems the Ukraine government doesn't really think about those of us that are going through this process. They just take there own sweet time with everything.
I am just very disappointed. It that disappointment has been really hard to shake today. I have not been sleeping well, lately and I have a constant pain in my neck and back, I believe, from the stress.

I know that to most of you it probably sounds sill to be feeling so anxious and stressed about finding out when an appointment is.  And maybe you're right. But it has been hard to not be in control of this aspect of the application process. I have no control over what they do or how long they want to take. I just want to see my daughter again and we want nothing more then to bring her home. But, unfortunately that is out of our control.

So we wait. Waiting is so hard!

I do believe that this situation has made be understand what it means to turn our life over to the Lord. At least a little. I am not sure I will ever fully understand that and live it all the time. But I have quite literally had to turn this over to him. He led us here and now it is in his hands.


This song has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I don't begin to think that the struggles we are having finding money or the waiting and stress of paper work we have had to do, are anything like the story of Joseph. My problems really are first world! What I love about this song and the point I am trying to make with it is that The Lord really does know better then we do. He knows our trials and our heartache. He know our joys. He KNOWS us. And the best thing that we can do during any trial, is to put our trust in him.

I have Faith that when the time is right we will hear something. I know that what we are doing for Olena is the right thing, for her and for us. We will get to travel there and we will see her and we will bring her home to her forever family. I just have to be patient, and that is what is hard.

No comments: