Friday, December 21, 2012

My Birthday Wish

I know it is customary to not share your birthday wishes, but I wanted to share 1 of mine with you all.

 Today my birthday wish is for Olena to have a cake!

That might seem like a strange wish but,

Today is Olenas birthday. Today she is 14 year old.





If she were here with us to celebrate, this is what I imagine her cake would have been like. She would have picked what we ate for breakfast and picked where she wanted to eat dinner. We would have had a party, maybe her first party. We would have sung to her and took pictures and laughed. There would most definitely have been presents. She would have been able to blow out her candles and make her own birthday wish. 

But instead of our plans for her birthday,  I am not sure what she is doing today. We called her this morning to sing to her and wish her a Happy Birthday, but were unable to speak with her, (it may have been meal time) We were told we could call back tomorrow. We will definitely sing to her then, but it isn't the same as on your birthday! I asked her director to pass on our love and our Happy Birthday wishes and she promised she would.
I am not sure if she received any kind of gift, (we have one for her to open when we get there, the mail wouldn't get it there in time!) or if anyone sang to her. I am not sure if her birthday was even recognized by anyone. BUT I am sure that she didn't get to blow out birthday candles.

Knowing she is alone on her birthday makes me so sad. Her birthday marks another year in the orphanage and another year alone. But soon enough she will be part of our family and will never have to be alone again!
We will be able to shower her with gifts and LOVE and we will definitely get her a cake. 

Happy Birthday Olena.
С Днем Рождения Елена
 I am so glad that we get to share this day. I hope and pray that you know that we love you and that we look forward to spending many birthdays to come with you!
 


No comments: