Friday, December 7, 2012

Some Good News

So I have been communicating with our facilitator over the last couple of days. He is AWESOME and has really helped me stay grounded with our expectations throughout this whole process. He is supportive and hopeful but also honest and lets us know the exact timelines for everything and what we should expect.

As you know we have been waiting for weeks and weeks now to hear something from the SDA (State Department in charge of their adoptions) in Ukraine. It is such a long wait and while I know it will end soon it feels like we have been waiting forever.
I received this email from David this morning:

 
"I just spoke with Sasha about your progress.  First, there are no problems with your docs! (I didn’t expect there would be but he mentioned that as a point of progress.)  He said that your application was moved to the appointment desk and that he is expecting to hear of your appointment by Thursday of next week.  He mentioned his concern about an appointment late in December where you would hit up against the Ukrainian holidays in early January.  We decided to wait and see what the SDA offers you, then consider the possibility of asking for a delay into January.  I think if the first portion of the work can be done before the end of the year, then it would be worth considering taking an appointment.  But the appointment would need to be early enough to permit enough time to get through collecting up the documentation for the application for court that is presented to the SDA.  About eight days in Ukraine are required to accomplish that."
 
 
So good news!! and bad I guess. But I am choosing to look at the positive. We are going to hear something next week! YAY! That is so EXCITING!!!! I know you all want to jump up and down and celebrate with me that the wait is almost over. Okay maybe not, but I will!!
 
I am a little disappointed that we might not be able to travel this year. We would have loved to have been able to visit with Olena and wish her a Happy Birthday and a Merry Christmas. But, we can still do that, just over the phone. We would have loved to have been able to see the judge this year and get our first trip done before the Ukrainian holidays, but it's OKAY. The Lord knows best. We still may be able to go and that would be fabulous, so keep praying that it will happen. That would be ideal. But I have decided to not be heartbroken if it doesn't work out. We will get to spend Christmas with our other kids. We will get to spread our Christmas cheer and love and gifts with the orphans late, but we will still get to do it!
 
I am super grateful to David and Sasha (he is in Ukraine working hard for our family) for trying to help us avoid having to sit around in an unfamiliar country and wait while everything is closed for the holidays. That would be miserable and I am happy they are thinking about that.
 
So hopefully next week we will have our appointment! PLEASE keep praying for our family. We really need good things to happen. Thanks
 

No comments: