Saturday, December 15, 2012

My Grown Up Christmas Wish



There is so much sadness lately. The horrible shootings yesterday have rocked the world. I cannot adequately put into words the sadness I feel for all involved in this tragedy. My heart aches for the families that lost children and for the families of the teachers that so bravely tried to protect the innocent lives they care for every day. They are true heroes.



As a child each of us at some point, sat on Santa's knee and asked him for our Christmas wishes. I asked for things like dolls and bikes or as I got older a computer or TV. Santa always tried to fulfill my wishes. This helped me to believe that there really were miracles in this world. I knew that my parents didn't have a lot of money, but each year, sitting under the tree, were my gifts.


 
As an adult I still have Christmas wishes. They are just a little different then they used to be.

This year


I WISH that there was no war. I know that this isn't a wish that can become a reality, but I know that I am not alone in this wish.

WISH for comfort for the families that lost loved ones yesterday through the many hundreds and thousands of prayers offered in their behalf. I wish for them to know that those that died are in the arms of a loving Father in Heaven. I wish for them to know that they will see their loved ones again. 

I WISH for Safety for those serving in the military.

I WISH that people would be respectful of others and their feelings. I know there will always be disagreement, what a boring world it would be if we all agreed. But lets try to show respect. It's not a big thing to do but it is a big thing to get!

I WISH for there to be no orphans in the world. These children need love and families just like we do.

And lastly

I WISH to bring my daughter home. I want nothing more then to give her a big hug and tell her that she is safe and loved.

Maybe there is someone out there that can help me fulfill at least one my Christmas wishes.


What is your Grown up Christmas list??



 


No comments: