Monday, December 10, 2012

10 Minutes, Can You Spare That Today?

Its a snowy day here in Utah and if you are like me you probably wont be going too many places. So instead why don't you help us out.


On the 10th day of Christmas Olena needs from you:




10 minutes of your time.

We know that your time is precious, especially this close to Christmas. All we are asking is that you take 10 minutes to call someone that you know that might be able to help us. Call and speak to a business and ask them for a donation on our behalf. It is tax deductible and could not only benefit us, it could help them out as well.

If your at work, take 10 minutes to go and speak to your coworkers. Ask them if they can each donate $2 to our daughter. Not much right! But it all adds up.

Take 10 minutes to speak with your boss or your HR department. Ask them if they might be willing to donate to a great cause as a tax deduction. Ask them if they might know other companies that might be willing to help a family get their daughter home.

Have them visit out blog or have them visit eliproject.org and read our profile on there. (that is where you can make tax deductible donations.)

All it takes is 10 minutes of you day. I know you can spare 10 minutes. You might be the difference today.

 
On an emotional note: We called Olena this morning and had a great time chatting with her. She has been practicing her English and is doing so well. It is always great to hear her call me mom. It makes all this worth while. My favorite part of our conversation was when I told her that we should be coming to visit Ukraine soon. She was SO EXCITED. She asked me when we might be coming and I told her January (just in case we don't get an appointment this month) I could tell in her voice how big her smile was. She kept saying "Really??"
I know I tell you all the time how grateful for the support we are. But honestly, without all the love and prayers and support we get from people all around us we wouldn't be able to make her day like that. She has hope that she never had before. You ALL helped with that. Listening to how happy she was has completely made my day. I know she loves us and is so excited for the day we will come and get her. And so are we. I love phone call days :)
 

No comments: