Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Family FUN Run/Walk 5km!


Our family is in the process of adopting our daughter Olena from an orphanage in Ukraine. She is 13 years old and we had the privilege of meeting her this summer. We felt very strongly that she was meant to be a part of our family so set out on this very expensive journey. We are hosting this 5km with the hope that we might be able to raise some money to help us pay the fees required to bring her home. We hope that you all might be able to help us with that. Please feel free to look through our blog, read our story and look at pictures of Olena. We truly appreciate everyone that is willing to help us out. Please note that while I am a runner, I have never organized a race before. This is meant to just be a fun family event for a good cause.  Thanks
Here is the information about our upcoming Family fun run/walk 5km. 

When: November 17th @11am
Where: LDS Church
1167 South 1700 East  Spanish Fork, UT 84660
Who: Everyone! This is a family event. Tell all your friends to come and join us.
How much: $10 per person or $25 per family
Course: Click this link to see map of course.

Registration will be on the day of event starting at 10am. Please come early so the race can start on time.   All donations are gladly accepted.

We look forward to seeing you all there. Thanks in advance for your support of our family.

2 comments:

Calee said...

Debbie, I found your blog through a friend of a friend. I didn't know you live in Spanish Fork, I live here too! You probably don't see me enough to know but I've worked for Dr. Graf forever and recognized you from working on your braces:) Your family is beautiful and I am praying for your new gal's quick arrival and finances. I don't know your situation at all but I know that since having my little girl and cutting way back on my hours at work to be with her it's tough, I can't imagine adding on that kind of a bill! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers:)
Calee

Maurin Family said...

Calee,
Yay, Spanish Fork! I know who you are and I love it when you work on me. It is always fun to chat with you :) I was just in today! I am so glad that my blog has been passed around a little. That is exactly what we need!!! Thank you for your prayers. They mean a lot. We were not prepared for this kind of bill and while we get by, this has been a big burden on our family, but we know that it is what we are meant to be doing. So we push on.
I really do appreciate your thoughts and prayers, and if you are free this weekend stop by our fun run, it would be fun to see you there!
Debbie