Monday, November 19, 2012

The Last Couple Of Weeks

I haven't posted in a little while because I was trying to keep the information about our fun run easy to find. BTW, we had about 18 people run with us on Saturday and we even had a few extra families come and donate even though they couldn't run. The Mr and I REALLY appreciate all that supported us. You truly don't understand what that means to us. We also had a successful fundraising event at My Sisters Closet. So thank you to all that attended that night. We hope that you were able to find some really cute clothes!! And Thank you to Sarah Stern for organizing that for us and The Frei family.

We have had some interesting things happen in the course of the last week or so.
We had sent our dossier over to Ukraine and had it translated and finally submitted into the SDA. We were so excited and our wait time began. Well, about a week and a half after it was submitted, I received a phone call from David, our facilitator. He told me that something had happened that ironically had NEVER happened before. Apparently our marriage licenses that we submitted were not in fact, our marriage licenses!! What?? How could this happen?? Well let me tell you how.
I paid for certified copies of our license, and assumed that they would give me the correct ones, because they do check all your info before printing them out. I thought I had looked at them, but I didn't. I had them apostilled and and sent over to be translated and everyone missed it. The Provo office that issued our license had saved someone elses document under our names. BIG mistake on their part that cost us an extra $200 and 2 weeks in our process. It shouldn't be a big deal but it really throws our chances of getting an appointment over there this year. We are still hoping, I have heard that their wait time is a little shorter at the moment, so there might still be a chance, so please pray for us.

I received another email from Melaynia (the orphanage director) after i wrote to Olena. She told us that Olena asks her about us every day and is eagerly waiting for us to come and get her. Oh how I  love to hear that. It makes me feel so happy to know that this beautiful young girl is excited to be a part of our family. It makes all the hard work and stress and money issues and worrying all worth it. We are not doing this just because it's the right thing. We are doing this because she should be here with us. I am so glad that she feels that way as well.

Since we are now able to accept tax deductible donations, we are looking for businesses that might be willing to offer us some help. If you know any businesses that might consider it, please let me know their contact info. I have drafted a letter to hopefully send to as many companies or people as possible.  Also PLEASE continue to share our story and our blog with everyone that you know. We would love to see our daughter this holiday season! We would be so grateful.

No comments: