Monday, November 26, 2012

Fundraising Help

We enjoyed a quite Thanksgiving this year. We did spend Wednesday evening with the Maurin and Depew extended families and had a really nice time. But Thursday we took the kids to see a movie and then just relaxed at home.  We hope that you all had a really nice holiday.

I have been following another family and their very exciting journey to adopt 3 siblings from Ukraine. Two of the three kids were here over the summer with Olena. We didn't get to know this family but we did see them at the airport saying their sad goodbyes just like us. Their journey is a lot more expensive then ours, but not any more exciting or heartbreaking (depending on the day) than ours. They are at about the same place we are, and in all likely hood we will probably be traveling over to Ukraine together.
It has been fun to watch them succeed in their fundraising efforts. I just read today that they are over half way to their goal. They have raised a lot and have has so much support. It is great to see.
But, like them we are still in need of help. We haven't been as lucky and are not close to half way yet. I am still hopeful that we will be able to get where we need to be. BUT, that said, like the Truax family, I am out of ideas. I am not discouraged, just unsure what to do next. I need ideas for fundraisers and I need people that might be willing to help me plan them. Please share your ideas with us. Remember we are now able to accept tax deductible donations through Eli project so if you know a business that might be willing to help us out, please let me know.

We are getting ready for a baptism. My Little Lucy is 8 and gets baptized on Saturday. She is so excited and has her new dress ready. She is having a few of her friends sing and she can't wait. I on the other hand, can. I can't believe that she is old enough to be baptized.  Hopefully the font wont be too deep for her to stand in!

No comments: