Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Small Disappoitment

Today M left for Shakespeare competition. It is always hard for me to see her leave, and know that I don't have any control over what will happen with her. I am hopeful that this weekend will be a wonderful experience for her and that she will not get upset at anything!

I was planning to get the majority of our documents apostatized today. It is a process that takes 3-5 days  to finish if I only want to pay $15 per document. With 31 documents to get done, it works out to be a lot of money. Then when our immigrations form finally arrives I have to take that and have it done same day costing $65. This is just one of the many things that the Ukraine government make us do that I don't fully understand the need for. But you do what you have to!!

Speaking of our immigration document.... I called to check on the status today. On Friday, the Mr and I were able to get our fingerprints done. This was earlier then was scheduled. Our adoption facilitator told us that we didn't have to wait for the scheduled appointment time, that they would allow us to just walk in as long as we had an appointment letter. Fabulous information, because our appointment wasn't until the end of October. This has hopefully cut a significant amount of time off the processing of the paperwork. At least that is what I am hoping. Like I said I called today to check how it was moving along, and was told it  has not yet been assigned to an officer. They also told me that it usually takes 75-90 days to process the paperwork from the date of the receipt.  GRRRRRRR. Our receipt is dated September 14th. 75 days after that is November 28th! That is way too late to try and get her home this year :(
I am trying my best not to cry about what I just heard, and hope and pray that it wont be that long, since we cut weeks off it doing early fingerprinting. I am still hoping that we have a chance. But, in reality, I think i just realized that this isn't going to go as quickly as I had hoped and that our daughter will not be home with us this year :(
Please keep praying for us and for her!

No comments: