Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Little Bit of Hope Restored.

Latest update on our journey;
I decided to call this morning to again check on our immigration papers and was told that we had been assigned to an officer. I was able to speak with that officer and she said that she hadn't looked at our application because she wasn't expecting our fingerprints to be done yet. But, since they were done she could now finalize our papers. The good news is that she said she should have them done by the end of the week!!!!   That is the best news! If she can get us our paper by the start of next week, it is cutting it close but, we might get all the papers in in time! I am still hesitant but now definitely more hopeful and a little excited.
So PLEASE keep praying for us. I know that your prayers on our families behalf are being heard and we greatly appreciate all of you.

I received another letter from O's orphanage director this morning. She is such a wonderful woman. She not only allows us to keep contact with O but greatly encourages us. She has organized for us to call her again this weekend and we are all really excited to speak with her, especially the kids. C is so funny about the adoption. He is constantly telling the Mr and I to "do your best on the adoption!" and he always makes sure that he remembers to prayer for her every night. When I ask him about if he is still okay with us adopting her, he responds with "Of course it's okay! I love her." I am so grateful that it was our whole family that felt like she was meant to be with us and not just us as parents. That will make transitioning her a little easier, I hope.

We are still trying to raise money. We have a couple of big payments due pretty soon and then we will also have to find the money for airfares. If you know anyone that might be able to help us out, please direct them to our blog. I am still uncomfortable asking people for money, but without the help of so many of you already, we wouldn't have been able to make it this far. Your continued support is wonderful.  Thank you.

No comments: