Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Trying To Turn My Frown Upside Down

Today I feel like crying at the slightest. Ever had that feeling? Well let me explain a little bit about why I think I am feeling this way today!

We have been on an emotional roller coaster for approximately 8 months. I knew at some point it would come to an end and we would all be here together. but for a long time I didn't know when that would be. A few weeks ago I was so excited that the end was in sight and was also excited to have my family and friends come and visit us and meet the girls. Because of this excitement, and the things I needed to do to prepare for their visit, I never really felt like I was off my emotional roller coaster, until now!
Now, everyone is gone. We are home. The girls are here and are ours. I am finally letting it settle in, that this 8 month journey is over and life is starting again. And I am kind of a mess!! It is like when you have waited so long for something to happen, then it comes and goes, and then there is that "what do I do with myself now", kind of feeling. Don't get me wrong, I know all the things I now have to do, and frankly that itself is a little overwhelming. But today I feel a little deflated. A little mopey. (if you haven't figured out yet, I am quite and emotional person!) And I feel like crying at the silliest things.

So I will take a moment to allow myself to feel sad and then I will pick myself up and carry on. There is so much to do, and I have to take the opportunity to do it while I have Mike around to help me out! There is no use in being mopey.
Like Daniel Tosh said who knows when "Sometimes, when I'm feeling down because nothing seems to be going right, I like to take a home pregnancy test. Then I can say, 'Hey, at least I'm not pregnant.' "
That is so true! :)

All joking aside, I will turn my frown upside down and find my positive attitude because 'A positive outlook on life can reassure happiness when feeling down. Have faith and let your positive attitude be contagious.'
Lets all try it today.  :)
Have a super sparkly day everyone!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Debbie, my head still spins every time I open your blog! What a journey this has been and still is really. Just know there are people out there like me who creep on you all the time and are amazed at the person you are!

Unknown said...

oops, this is Calee;)