Friday, August 10, 2012

Our Next BIG Adventure!

So after fasting and praying about our visitor O, The Mr and I have decided that she is meant to be a part of our family!! We are planning on adopting her. This is a REALLY huge process and VERY expensive. We had a meeting last night with a few other prospective adoptive families, to discuss the process and the expense. I am a little overwhelmed by how much it is going to cost, and not really sure how we are going to pay for it. We don't have a lot of money and this will be pretty hard. But we feel like she is meant to be here, so we are going to try and find ways to get this done.
So here is where I ask for everyones help!!!!
We will be doing fund raisers (not sure just yet what they will be) to help cover the cost. We would love anyone that is willing or able to help us with that, to help by donating to our cause. I hate to ask people for money, but the fact is we don't have this kind of money, so I am going to have to break out of my comfort zone for the benefit of our new daughter!
If anyone knows of any non profit organizations or people that might be willing to donate as a tax right off, please let me know, or contact them and tell them of our situation, PLEASE!
If you can think of a good fund raiser, please tell me about it. We will need all the help we can get.
Our first expense will be straight away, so we need to work fast! O is available for adoption right away and we would love to have her home for Christmas. What a great family Christmas gift!!!
If all you can do is pray for us, that would also be greatly appreciated as well. I know we will need many small or maybe large miracles all along the way.

We are excited to take this path, (although a little overwhelmed and scared as well) but O is a VERY welcome addition to our little family. We would love you all to meet her before she has to return to the Ukrainian orphanage (sad day for us) on Sunday. So if you get a chance come on by, you will love her!

Oh if anyone wants to help me with my Russian, I would love that as well. I am pretty bad at it!! :) hehe

2 comments:

MarenDille said...

Oh my gosh, Debbie! Congratulations. I'm trying to think of a great fundraiser for you...in the meantime I'll pray!

Maurin Family said...

Thanks Maren. Prayers will help a lot!