Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Week Of Excitment

It's only Wednesday and I am already tired! It's been an emotional week.
I haven't posted for a few days because my brother and sister in law and their beautiful daughter came to visit us. It was so fun to meet my niece Summer for the first time and see my kids play with their cousin. They haven't had a chance to play with a cousin in about 6 years!

The Mr and I were able to participate in a really fun relay on the weekend. We were part of the best team ever, and had so much fun! It was nice to be able to break from the stress of this adoption and just have a great time with friends. 

On Tuesday, C started school. He has waited for Kindergarten to start for a long time. He was so excited to walk to school with his Uncle. He raced inside so quickly I had to literally chase him down to say goodbye. I tried to make him feel a little sad to make me, his more lonely old mother, feel better about him missing me, but it didn't work. He just wanted to be left at school alone. Oh well, I am told I should be glad that I raised self sufficient children. I guess I am.

On Tuesday night The family left to go home to Australia. I am always so sad to see my family leave. I don't get enough chances to spend time with them. It has been 7 years since I have been home and it makes me feel so homesick when they leave. I hope that they had as good a time visiting with us as we had with them.

Today M got her braces on. This has been something that we have argued about for a while and finally I talked her into it. She did a great job with not getting upset and I am proud of her for her decision.

The most exciting part of today is that I received an email this afternoon from the orphanage director in the Ukraine. She told me that she had passed our messages onto O and that she would love to talk to us. She gave us her phone number and told us when to call. I am so excited to be able to talk with her. I am not exactly sure how it will work since we don't speak Russian, but we are willing to give it a try so she knows that we are thinking her. I will let you all know how the call goes tomorrow.

Also on Saturday we will be having our first fundraiser. We are having a yard sale. I have already received many donations from fabulous people. Thank you all again. If there is anyone else that has anything that they would be willing to donate to our sale please let me know. I will be happy to come and pick it up from you. Just let me know!

P.S It seems I am a little computer illiterate and the pages I made are not working yet. Sorry to anyone that may have tried clicking on them. I will info posted as soon as I can.

No comments: