Wednesday, January 30, 2013

One Down.....

My morning started out at about 4am today. I got a phone call from home telling me that a toilet had flooded and water was leaking into the basement. Not a big deal, in the grand scheme of things, but still not something you want to happen while you are out of the country.  My brother got in under control, and as far as I know everything is okay, with the exception of some minor (hopefully) refinishing we will  have to do to the ceiling downstairs.

We received a phone call from Sasha at about noon letting us know that we had been given our appointment and we would be meeting with the SDA at 4pm. Oh the relief I felt was amazing. Just to get an appointment felt like a big weight was lifted off us.

We were picked up and went to our meeting and YES we were given referrals for both Olena and her sister Anastasia, who ironically both have the same birthdays, only 1 year apart. I am not sure yet if that is just a clerical thing, but is seems very interesting to me, since it is also my birthday. 

Our plan is to pick up our paperwork tomorrow between 4 and 5pm and then head out to the town that Anastasia is in. We will spend the night there and then begin the process with her before heading down to Ismail to see Olena. The good news is that we should be seeing her this weekend!! I am so relieved and excited and who knows what other feelings all rolled up in one. I might jump for joy!


I know its just a small step, but it is a step FORWARD and that is what we have wanted all this time. I feel so blessed and can't wait to move even further along this journey.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you're in Izmail please say hello to Natasha for Lee and Karyn Howard and family. We expect to be there sometime in late February or early March for her.

Anonymous said...

That is great news to be moving forward. We will be in Kiev by Sunday and was hoping to see you guys. But we will just miss you. Are you guys adopting both girls?

The Teej said...

Hurrah!!!!! I am so happy for you guys. We've been praying for things to move forward. Good luck with your travels. And remember, no matter where you are, you will always be able to find pel'meni (though perhaps not chicken pel'meni). I can't remember if I wrote down how to say Chicken Pel'meni. It's "pel'meni s kooritzoi" (stress on the oo).

Maurin Family said...

Thank guys!
Lee and Karyn, I will do my best to pass on your greetings.
Tara, I am sad we will miss you. I hope that things go well for you guys!
TJ, Thanks for the prayers. Congrats on your new job! Sad you will be leaving. I was hoping to have you around when we brought the girls home. We will have to come and visit with you guys :)Thanks for the translation!!!