Saturday, January 26, 2013

A Cold, Cold Saturday

Nothing new to update you on. Its Saturday and its cold. We were told yesterday by Sasha that we should stay inside as much as possible this weekend because it was supposed to be especially cold. So we did just that. I read a whole book (Mrs Peregrines school for peculiar children) which I thoroughly enjoyed, and Mike watch stand up comedy. We spent the day just doing nothing. It was nice, but it was boring a little depressing.

We called our kids who we are missing greatly. They say they miss us but they are mostly too busy to talk to us. My 6 year old was the worst. I was trying to remind him that he needs to shower everyday (apparently he hasn't been doing that since we have been gone) and that he can't wear shorts and t-shirts to school (he has also been doing that). But he just didn't want to listen. So I had to make sure that his siblings and my brother knew the rules again so that they can enforce them!! It was great to speak to them, but it did make me feel homesick for them. I am so frustrated that we just have to sit here. I know there isn't anything we can do. I understand that things are still moving forward, but it is so hard to see others moving faster than us. It just makes me cry.

I had an opportunity to chat with a new friend today. She is also here in Ukraine doing exactly what we are doing, waiting. It helped a little to know that we are not alone, that the SDA forced someone else to wait as well. Luckily for them, they know that their next appointment will be next Wednesday. We still don't know when ours will be. Still praying for it to be on Monday.

We are hoping to be able to attend church tomorrow. Since TJ is no longer with us we plan on trying to find our way back to the Temple, since the international branch meets next door. Wish us luck. 

3 comments:

The Teej said...

Just remember to take Маршрутка 56 from the Akademicheskaya metro stop to get to the temple. I'm home safely, by the way. Praying things work out soon.

The Teej said...

Just remember to take Маршрутка 56 from the Akademicheskaya metro stop to get to the temple. I'm home safely, by the way. Praying things work out soon.

Maurin Family said...

Thank you TJ. Glad you made it home safely. :)