Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I Will Do The Best I Can

It has been 7 days since our appointment and we just found out from Sasha (who is in contact with the SDA all the time) that the earliest that we will get another one is Monday 28th January. We were hoping when we made plans for this trip to be close to being done by that date. But, IF we get our appointment by then we will just be starting out!!

I AM FREAKING OUT!!

We decided to have a day at the apartment and just read and relax. Maybe it was a bad idea! Because all I have been able to think about all day is "WHY hasn't he called yet?" And when he did call to tell us that there was no news and that we probably wouldn't be having our appointment until next week. I broke down! 
I cried and cried. I know it doesn't help to cry about this situation. I completely understand that there is nothing anyone can do to move things along faster. But at this moment, I just feel broken. We have already been away from our family for 10 days (including travel) and we really haven't even started the process yet. I am not sure how much more I can handle. I have made plans for my kids until my brother leaves on February 9th. We had hoped to be back in time to say goodbye to him, (he will leave on his mission soon after he gets back and we wont see him for a long time) and thank him for his help. But, that also looks like it wont happen. I don't know where to turn or what to do next???

 I know the Lord is watching over us. I know that we are being tested for a reason and that Olena is worth the struggle. I also know that there are worse things happening to others we know. We are here in a fabulous country, having a vacation of a life time, So really, I shouldn't complain. It just wasn't meant to be for this long. I don't like having no control over our situation.

So if any of you would be willing to pray for a speedy solution to happen, we would GREATLY appreciate it.  Also I may have to ask for help from some of you with regards to my children. I really don't know what we are going to do with them when my brother leaves. I will keep you posted on what we figure out. Have I mentioned that I hate asking for help?? :)

So I will try and follow this advice and do the best I can!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello- we have been following your blog this week. So sorry to hear about your delays or detour. We leave for Ukraine next week to meet with the SDA for our appointment. Was wondering about the wi-fi over there. You post allot and was wondering how the Internet is? What kind of computer are you using? Any information would be helpful. Here is our blog: http://worthswildride.blogspot.com/?m=0

Anonymous said...

Hello~ we have been watching your blog this week. So sorry for your delays or detour as you call it. We leave for Ukraine next week for our SDA appointment and I was wondering about the wi-fi over there. You post allot and I was wondering what kind of computer your using or are you going to the Internet cafe? Just trying to figure out what we are going to do when we get there. Any information would be helpful. Here is our blog: http://worthswildride.blogspot.com/?m=0
Thanks,

Maurin Family said...

Hey Tara,
Thanks for following our story!
The apartments that we have been staying in have both had wireless routers in them. The internet has been excellent and my husband has been able to work from here. The only time we haven't had any access was this morning, when the power to the whole building was out.
We are using a Macbook.
Good luck with your appointment with the SDA. I hope that you guys don't run into any delays :) Oh it is FREEZING here so bring lots of warm clothes