Friday, November 23, 2012

Some Random Thoughts

Still waiting. It's going to be a long few weeks waiting to hear something from the SDA.
I have been thinking a lot about what it will be like to have our daughter home after such a long wait. I know it will be great, but I also know it will come with it's own share of problems and trials. I think I am prepared for them, but I know I really am not!! And that's okay :)

Olena turns 14 in a few weeks. We were hoping to be able to spend the day with her (her birthday happens to be the same day as mine!) but now we know that isn't some thing that will happen. We are trying to come up with a gift that we can send over, that she will be able to keep, and not have assimilated into the orphanage. I am coming up short. I can't think if anything that will work. If any of you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thinking about her turning 14 and Miranda turning 13 is making me a little nostalgic for the years that we missed with her. I understand that she wasn't available to us earlier and I understand that she might not have been ready to accept us as her family before now. But, it is a little sad to think that she will be an adult so soon and will be off on her own. We really only have a few years with her, to help her become all she can become. To help her understand her true worth and to help her know and feel like she is part of our family forever.  It's kind of a huge task!! But we are ready..... hopefully. All we need now is to get her here. Please continue to share our story with everyone. We still need help to reach our goal. Please continue to pray and if you haven't all ready please help us by doing so. We don't want to miss any more time with her then is necessary.

Thoughts about Olean being  part of our family, lead me to think abo her joining our church. Olena isn't a member of the Church and will have to be taught by the missionaries. We really hope that she accepts the gospel into her life and chooses to be baptized and to be sealed to us forever. What a joyous occasion that will be for our family. 

I wish  had more news to share, but we appreciate your continued support of our family.

No comments: