Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My Joy Is Full

Big day today. Yesterday our home study came in the mail! Yay. This means I can now mail off the immigration paperwork and fee and can also start applying for grants. No guarantee that we will be accepted for any of them, but I have to try.

After I mail off the forms today, next comes the waiting game. We will be scheduled for government fingerprinting, hopefully in about 10 days and then we have to wait for about another 3-4 weeks for approval of our application to adopt from overseas. This will be hard for me. I am really trying hard to be on top of all the paperwork. I am sure that I am annoying our agency worker, David, with all my questions. I keep asking him to send me more paperwork to fill out so it can all be ready to go as soon as it's time. He is doing a great job keeping up with me and I really appreciate his willingness to hurry things a long. But now comes the first of many waiting periods. We do have a lot of documents (22 all together) to prepare before our immigration approval comes back, but most of them need my passport information on them and I am waiting for that to arrive! So until I get that, I am kind of on hold! Which sucks. I hate the idea of not doing anything. I hate sitting around waiting for someone else to do the work. But unfortunately that is where we are at.

This morning the kids and I were reading scriptures together, (The Mr had to leave for work before we started this morning) and I came across a few verses that touched me. We were reading in Alma about Ammon glorifying the Lord. In verse 30 in says "And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some."
We, our family and all of you that have helped and will help us along our journey, are the means in which to save someone! Our joy will be full when we can bring her home and know she is safe and loved. I feel grateful to know that my Heavenly Father knows me and my struggles. It is evident when I read things like this! I know that there are many that have worse afflictions then I do and I know that this struggle we are having to find the money to pay for the adoption, isn't the worst thing that can happen. But, it is a struggle and I know he knows about it and understands and hears my prayers. We already feel so blessed. I know we will find a way. I know, because I know this is what we are meant to be doing. It will work out in the end. My joy is full.

No comments: