Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Frustration

I never thought I would have to fill out so many stupid applications. Don't get me wrong, if we even qualify for one of these grants it will be worth it. But I am surprised at the hoops they make you jump through to even get looked at. It is even possible that they wont even look at my application. It is just frustrating and my brain hurts!
Let me give you an example of what they have asked me today:
They have asked repeatedly for a statement of faith. Who is God? Who is Jesus Christ? Who is the Holy Spirit? How do you use Gods words (the Bible) in your life? Describe your daily walk with God.
What is eternal salvation, how do you become saved? We also need to provide our salvation testimonies, along with a letter of referral from our pastor (bishop), tax returns, letters of reference from 3 close friends or relatives, and notarized statement of fees. These applications are about 8-10 pages long. We have to itemize everything!
SIGH! Oh how much easier this would be if we were rich! I know I just have to write my testimony (something I definitely have) down a few hundred times, and I shouldn't be so frustrated by that. In fact I should be please because I GET to share my testimony with others. I am just worried that even though we are believing Christians, which is all we are required to be to qualify, they wont look at us because some people don't consider the LDS faith to be a Christian faith.

I guess I need to not be so pessimistic. I will work on these applications and hope and pray for the best. If you don't see me for a while, its because I am stuck at the computer filling out forms :)

No comments: