Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Busy Day

I haven't posted anything lately, because, well, nothing has been happening. We have been in a holding pattern for a while and it has been a little frustrating. I have been working my fingers to the bone crocheting things to sell. Thank you to everyone that has ordered stuff. I really appreciate your support of our family and my work!
I finally got my passport in the mail and now things can move forward a little. Plus it is just cool to own a US passport!
Today I am compiling the remaining 15 or so documents that need to be notarized and then apostatized. I will hopefully be able to complete that today so that I can make my way to the capital building to get the apostatizing done before the end of the week. Then all we have to do then is wait some more for the immigration paper to come back, so I can have that one notarized and apostatized. After that is done we can Fedex all the papers to the Ukraine, so they can be translated by Sasha, our awesome hard working Ukrainian advocate. He will then send all of our paperwork into the Ukrainian State Department. This all needs to hopefully happen before the end of October. If we can get it done, then we should be able to get our appointment with the State Department before they shut down for the holidays. If not, which unfortunately is a big possibility, it will push our appointments back until February of next year at least!!
This is because the Department shuts down over the holidays, including most of January, and wont take or make appointments during that time. When I think that we have until the end of the October to get this done, I am not concerned, but really we have only until the middle of October to get our part done. I know I can do the things I need to do, it is the waiting for immigration that is concerning me. They seem to take FOREVER to get anything done.

We need your prayers to help us. We would love to be able to have our daughter home with us for Christmas. We understand that this might not be the case, but it would be a huge blessing. Please pray that immigration will hurry things along for us. It can't hurt, right :)

I am planning another fundraiser soon. Not sure of exact dates yet, but if you or anyone you know might like some family pictures taken for Christmas cards or just because, we are planning to offer 20 min outdoor sessions with a wonderful photographer for $25. You get all images on a disk to do with as you like. You can do family poses or individuals or whatever combination you like in the time you have. If you are interested please let me know so I can start planning for numbers. I will let you know dates soon.

2 comments:

Stina said...

Hey Debbie! It's been a long long time! I've been considering some things to order for crochet but haven't had time to decide yet. I for sure would love to do the photography one.

You are amazing! Hang in there!

MarenDille said...

Oooh I would love the picture thing. Who's doing them? What a great deal! And by the way, if you were wondering why your pages won't show up (when I click on them they tell the page I'm looking for doesn't exist), it might be because when you've edited them on the dashboard you forgot to hit "Save arrangement." Even if you haven't rearranged anything you need to save it. That was happening to me on ym other site and I was very unhappy and frustrated for twenty minutes before I finally figured out what the problem was.