Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Just be you, it is enough!

Last night I was walking around Deseret Book and came across a sign that they had there, that really made me think. They have many signs there that I want to bring home and hang on my wall, for all different reasons but mostly because they are inspirational. This one however just stuck with me. It read:
Just be you! It is enough. 
I am not exactly sure why this one stuck with me when there were so many other beautiful ones. It could be because I was having a rough day and right then I was struggling with feeling inadequate as a mother and wife. This is a feeling that I have frequently and I am almost positive that as horrible as it is, I am not alone. But when I read the sign, I just stood there for a while and stared at it. Even after I walked away, I came back a couple more times to just read it again and let it sink in.

How many times in life do we allow ourselves to think that we are not enough. I do it all the time. Satan wants us to feel like this because it is an easy way to get to us. He wants us all to feel terrible about who we are. He wants us to look at others and compare ourselves to them and always find ourselves lacking.
This is something that I have struggled with my entire life. I don't tell you this because I want any praise, I say it because I was truly touched by these few words and I wanted you to know why.

I know that I am loved and I know that I do the very best I can do in all aspects of my life. But still I don't feel like I am enough. Why?

During the same visit to Deseret Book last night I also found a CD that I actually purchased because of that sign. I wanted to help myself feel like I was enough by reminding myself why I am enough. My Heavenly Father loves me and sees me a very different way then I see myself. He sees me the way he wants me to see me. He knows the truth about me and all that I can do. In one of the songs it says " Do you understand who you are? Part of the Father lives in you." It continues with more beautiful words, but those are the ones that stuck out to me. I never thought about it that way. I Know I am a child of God, but have you ever thought that just like parts of each of your earthly parents are a part of your very being, so is your Heavenly Father! With that knowledge how can any of us feel unimportant or inadequate. We each possess immeasurable worth  in the eyes of the one person that matters the most, our Heavenly Father.

I am so grateful for this knowledge and even though i know that i will continue to struggle with these feelings probably my whole life, I do understand that I can JUST BE ME because IT IS ENOUGH!

No comments: