Friday, February 25, 2011

Life is a learning experience

Last night both my girls had an opportunity to audition for the Scera theaters production of Annie. M has been very excited about the possibility of doing this show for months. L on the the other hand is just happy to have been able to sing in front of people alongside her sister.
I have had my kids audition many times before for all kinds of things. They have each been turned down and already know what that feels like and are just happy to have the chance to try.
For some reason, this time I was more nervous and I am not really sure why. I think that it might have something to do with the fact that they might actually get a call back. IF the do, there will most definitely be dancing and that is where I think that my worry comes from. When you are asked to a callback they teach you a dance that you are required to learn and perform that day. They aren't long dances but if you don't dance it can be scary. Both my girls don't dance. I know they can, if they are given long enough to learn it, but it can become a stressful thing for M especially.
I know my girls could be great in this play and I will be sad if they aren't given a chance, even though i don't relish the thought of driving them 30 minutes away, every night to rehearsal, but like everything in life, this is just a learning experience. They have such talent and I am just so proud of them for giving it a try. I will keep you posted on how they do.

In other news, T has been working for a while now on trying to pass off his 12 x tables. He has only a couple of minutes to do a page of them and after some extra studying and a little bribery, this week he was able to complete it. We are so very proud of his hard work.

I also decided that since C was so funny (infuriating, but funny) most of the time, I would add a little saying of his when they come up. So this morning after spending a few minutes standing and watching it snow he turned to me and said "they are just like little angels falling from heaven!" Where does something like that come from??

1 comment:

Ruth said...

All looks good. Well done on the girls for giving it a try. Sally loves singing and dancing but does get shy in front of other people.
Well done on all your efforts with blogging. This is about all I can manage as im not a frequent visiter to the computer.

Love to mike and the kids, and thankyou for doing this to keep us up to date.
Love the Coopers xxoo