Wednesday, July 3, 2013

For You I'll Hang The Moon


I know, your probably thinking that I am a little obsessed with this show. Well really, it's more that I am obsessed with the music from this show. It so beautifully expresses a lot of the things I think and feel. I'm not sure exactly why I feel this way, but sometimes I think that my words aren't very eloquent, and when I listen to these very beautiful songs they express how I am feeling, so much better than I can alone.
So please bear with me :)

Sometimes I wish that my life were a movie, at times it really does feel like it could be. I wish that someone could write my character as the perfect mother and wife. I wish I could be told how I should act in each moment so I don't ruin my children. If our lives were a movie all day there'd be music. I feel like I would get a lot more done if I could break into song at any moment and let people know how I feel, using someones elses words. If our lives were a movie I would know what to do, I would learn my part and I would do it well. My children would never fear darkness or any other scary thing. Because I would always be there, and I would always know what to do or say. If our lives were a movie, my children would all be the stars. I wouldn't have to watch them fail or struggle, or be teased and bullied. I would be there to applaud them and I would be their biggest fan. If our lives were a movie then I'd cut away, all the moments when I wasn't there. The scenes that are happy, are all that will stay, the rest will dissolve into air. I would take away all the sad memories that my children have ever had, and they wouldn't be able to make anymore. If our lives were a movie I'd paint you some scenery, We'd sing, and we'd dance, Form morning 'till late afternoon. And when that scene is done, then I'd take down the sun, And for you darling, I'll hang the moon.

  I know in the past

That the lines were all wrong

And the music was never in tune

But the wish that I make

Is for just one more take

Because then darling I'll hang the moon

 My life isn't a movie. I can't take away all the bad things that my girls have seen before they came to us. I can't change the mistakes I have already made with my other children. I can't take away trials for them and I can't be the perfect wife and mother, BUT I can be better.
Just like these lines from the song above, I have had many times in my life when my lines were all wrong or my music was not in tune. But it's okay. Because my Heavenly Father prepared for that. He knew that I would not be perfect. He knew I would need more takes! and not just one more. I get endless takes if I need them. I can continue to try to be the best I can be.
I'll hang the moon for my kids so that they can know that they never have to be alone or afraid. I'll hang the moon so that they know that they ARE THE STARS of their own lives and that I AM their biggest fan. I'll hang the moon so they know that even though I am still trying to learn my part, I love them and will keep trying until I get it right.
As the final reel ends

We might both shed a tear

For the ending is coming up soon

But when the screen fades to black

We can smile and look back

And for you darling - I'll hang the moon..
.

No comments: