Friday, August 31, 2012

Things Are Officially Underway

Things are underway! Today I filled out and sent off our forms to officially start the process with the agency. It is a scary thing. It feels a lot like signing our life away. The Mr and I also had our physicals for our home study and for the Ukraine government, which involved being tested for HIV and Syphilis. I know, clearly we don't have either of these, but I guess we have to be safe. Plus its just fun to tell people that we were tested for them! I also prepared all the paper work that we need for our home study appointment on Tuesday. I am a little nervous about this. I know that we have a safe home, but it feels like everything is dependent on this one meeting. It is a lot of pressure on me!! Especially since our house is in such a huge mess trying to prepare for our yard sale tomorrow. I am hoping that the lady doing the study will be able to look past a some of it!, But, in reality I will probably lose my mind trying to get it all clean!

Today I also applied for my very first US passport. I am excited about this mostly because it means I can travel places, and I am not stuck. I hate to feel stuck!! Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here.

Today is the Mr's birthday. He turns the Big 40. The kids have been asking him what he wants to do, but I think he just wants to try and forget it, so he tells them he want s to donate the money that would be spent on him to our adoption fund. Pretty selfless act, but I think I am still going to get him a little something :)

Like I mentioned, our yard sale is tomorrow September 1st. The weather isn't great right now and I am praying (please help us out and pray for us) that the rain will hold off for us in the morning! It is a long holiday weekend so I am also praying that we will get some people showing up! Come on by and help us out or at least pray that we get a good turn out! Thanks :)

No comments: