Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Our Summer So Far...

Again it's been a while. I guess I haven't had anything interesting to say lately!
Summer is here and we are somewhat busy. T and L took tennis lessons for a few weeks through the city and loved it. I think I might have to find a way to pay for them to continue with it. While they had their lessons, M and C and I would work on the things that the other two were learning. C actually figured it out pretty well and would ask to practice doing volleys and ground shots. I am not a tennis player, but I did my best to teach them the things I had seen.
I have also been teaching the neighborhood girls how to crochet. They are doing really well and it has been a fun experience for me.

I couple of weekends ago I ran my second Ragnar Relay, this one was the Wasatch Back, and it was right here in Utah. 192 miles from Logan to Park City in a van with 5 other women. I ran 18.4 miles of the race. The longest I have ever run in a 24 hour period. I threw up a few times (don't ask) but I ran all three of my legs and was extremely proud of myself when I was finished. These kinds of races are said to be harder then running a marathon. I have never run a marathon but I can tell you it is exhausting (running on little to no sleep and not a lot of good food) and very hard on you mentally, but also a fabulous accomplishment, that I am proud to say I did. IT has given me more bragging rights!
I even inspired the Mr and he signed up for a different relay with a team from his work! He is going to be fabulous and he will have a great time.
These are my amazing team mates from van 1 right before we left on our adventure!
And this is my whole team at the finish line
Our family went camping up Diamond Fork Canyon over the last weekend and had a great time. The Mr. taught me how to start a fire using flint and steal and he taught the older kids to whittle wood with their pocket knives. This activity was stopped after T let his knife slip and cut his two middle fingers. Luckily I had remembered to pack the first aid kit! No stitches required!
T like to help make the fire, by first cleaning out the fire pit from the previous campers
C just liked to dig holes, so we let him
M complained a little like any pre-teen, but then got into the spirit of it and helped collect firewood!
L and C both loved climbing this dead tree and were trying to out do each other with how high they could go.

We made s'mores which C LOVED. And yes I tried to clean him before he ate, but the Mr told me to stop trying and to let him just eat! Apparently it's good clean camping dirt!
The Mr made us yummy eggs and sausage for breakfast which was promptly followed by more s'mores and just plain old roasted marshmallows
I cannot believe that the summer holidays are already half over. Life moves too quickly and sometimes it makes me sad. I wish I could just freeze time and enjoy moments with my family for longer. If only we were rich!!! Life really is too short and we need to be making the best of everyday!

No comments: